Al Fankoosh Conference
One remembers Adel Imam’s film “Al Fakoosh” where he holds enormous media campaign advertising for an unknown product. Toward the end of the film, the product appears to be a drug in the form of candy named “Al Fankoosh”. That is comparable with what occurred on Saturday with the interim illegal Committee managing the Governmental Union. Since the Egyptian Democratic Labour Congress and the Center for Trade Union & Workers’ Services convened a conference on Wednesday May 30th , and revealed a great deal of corruption that was documented, the conference( Al Fankoosh Conference) did not answer any of the questions we posed and that were based on the report prepared and released by the Central Auditing Agency. For example:
- Why was not the money, 877 thousand pounds, obtained by Mostafa Mongy in violation to the Law of Trade Union obtained?
- Why was not the money, 84,500 pounds, seized by Ibrahim Harak from the funds allocated for Hajj retrieved?
- Why was not the money, 108,000 pounds, obtained, in violation of the law, by Mohamed Hilal El Sharqawy (Head of the Interim Committee) at the ILO Conference in Geneva since May, 27th?
- Why was not the money, 90,565, obtained, in violation of the law, by Mr. Hosni Saad El Sayed, Legal Adviser for the Workers’ Union and present in Geneva since May, 27th not retrieved?
- Why was not the money, 110,000 pounds, obtained illegally by one of the members of the Board of Directors of Social Workers in 2009 retrieved?
- Why was not the money, 114,000 pounds, obtained by one of the executive managers for one of the projects for Workers’ university retrieved? Let alone that the project itself was not implemented?
- What did the Interim Committee do to stop the endless losses incurred by Workers’ Newspaper? It is worth mentioning that these losses reached 943,841 pounds in one year.
- What about the investment company that was established by the Union with a capital of 40 million pounds and later dissolved? What was the destiny of this capital that was collected or gathered by a number of trade unions?
- What were the procedures carried by the Interim Committee against workers who are hired at more than one position and receive more than one salary for the same working hours?
- Lastly, why is the Interim Committee concealing all these corruption incidents?
Unfortunately, we have not received any reply or any explication to any of the questions we imposed based on the report of the Central Auditing Agency. All we received was a fabricated photo of the General Coordinator of CTUWS and Israeli journalists.
Egyptian workers, under the reign of the imprisoned former president, have witnessed the rampant corruption in the Union and how leaders in the Union became wealthy. It is only now that we have concrete evidence for the occurrence of such corruption. Hence, the heads of the some Trade Unions (members of Egyptian Democratic Labour Congress) reported these incidents and submitted required evidence to the General Attorney on Thursday 31st May.
We will not rest until those corrupt people suffer the righteous consequences and that forgone money retrieved as this money belongs to and is deducted from workers.